Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav praised as a ‘people’s movement’ during Mann Ki Baat (24th April 2022)
April 24, 2022
Hon’ble Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his 88th edition of the ‘Mann Ki Baat’ program, laid emphasis on the technological advancements occurring in the country. From leveraging technology for elevating the museum experience in India to digital payments, Prime Minister praised the efforts of the people of India in moving forward together on this path of development.
Prime Minister also appreciated the involvement of the nation in the celebration of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’. He stated this celebration of the 75 years of independence of the country has taken a shape of ‘Jan Andolan’ and is fulfilling his vision of uniting the nation.
The evolution of Indian museums
- On the occasion of Ambedkar Jayanti, celebrated on 14th April 2022, the Prime Minister inaugurated ‘Pradhan Mantri Sangrahalya’, a museum dedicated to the lives and careers of all Indian Prime Ministers. He emphasized the importance of the museum, adding that it serves as a source of historical learning for youngsters. People are fascinated to know more about their history because of technological advancements in museums.
- Prime Minister asked several museum-related questions to the audience, such as ‘where is the famous Rail Museum located in India’, and urged them to share answers on social media while using the hashtag #musuemquiz. On 18th May 2022, the nation will celebrate “International Museum Day”, and to increase awareness about the importance of museums, he encouraged the youth to visit museums in their native places and share the same on social media while using the hashtag #musuemmemories.
Technology for the specially-abled
- The aim of celebrating Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav is to march forward together while remembering the sacrifices of the people of India. Nobody should feel deprived of opportunities and technology shall help serve benefits to all.
- Prime Minister discussed the usage of technology for uplifting career and living opportunities for the specially-abled. A startup named ‘Voice of Specially-Abled People’ uses assistive technology for sharing the artwork and craft created by specially-abled with the world. More such innovations are required to help the specially-abled in all walks of life.
Amrit Sarovar – Resolve@75
- Many parts of the country are facing soaring heat, and people are facing water scarcity. The PM has encouraged water conservation campaigns with the announcement of building 75 ‘Amrit Sarovars’ in each district. Water conservation is one of the vital resolves under Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav. The aim is to solve the issues of water scarcity in rural areas. He praised the people of Patwai (Uttar Pradesh), for their exemplary efforts in cleaning a pond located on the land of Gram Sabha.
- Amrit Sarovar shall become a source of clean water and a place of tourist attraction as well. These will help put the backward and lesser-known places on the map.
- “Every effort related to water conservation is related to our future”, these words of the Prime Minister are enough to make people aware of the water scarcity. There are many parts of the nation that are facing the issues of water scarcity and the Government is looking for different ways in which they can contribute to curbing this crisis.
- Vedic is one of India’s greatest lineages. We contributed ‘Zero’ to the world, and thus the world of ematics evolved. The PM discussed the fear of students regarding ematics and how Vedic Math can benefit them. In this way, Vedic Math shall be taught, preserved, and used more.
- India is evolving, the country with a rich heritage, cultural diversity, and curious and creative minds is emerging as a developing nation on almost every turf. Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav is a movement that entails our every development, every celebration, and every contribution so far. The support and contribution of the people of the country can take this celebration forward.