As part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav Celebrations, HPCL on behalf of Oil Industry (IOC/BPCL/GAIL/HPCL) organized Biofuels Exhibition at Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Sector 31-A, Chandigarh. The event was inaugurated by Shri B.K.Mohanty, Chief General Manager (IB), Indian Oil Corp. Ltd,. The other notable attendees were:
- Shri Subodh Choudhry CRM HPCL & SLC Chandigarh
- Shri Manjeet Walia, CDM, IOC, Chandigarh
- Shri Sanjay Arora, Dy. General Manager, GAIL India Limited
- Shri Sanjeev Verma, Additional Director, PCRA
- Nivedita Sharma, Professor & Head Department of Basic Sciences, Dr. Y.S.Parmar University, Nauni
- Shri Ayush Pant, Head of Projects and Operation of Bio-Energy India (P) Ltd.
Apart from above, Promoters & Producers of Bio-Fuel/ Energy along with senior officials of IOC, BPCL, GAIL & HPCL attended the function along with General Public including large number of students.
The exhibition included panels, highlighting the technological advancement made in the areas of Bio-Energy along with new projects being undertaken under the aegis of Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MOP&NG) in the field of Biofuels.
3 D live models of 1G Ethanol plant and TPD Fully Automatic Biodiesel plant were displayed in the Biofuels Exhibition. Apart from 3-D models, pavilion of M/s Green Home Biogas dealing with individual household consumer CBG plant and pavilion of M/s Star Projects & Consultancy were also put up in the Exhibition.
The agenda for the meeting included:
- Inauguration of event including Ribbon cutting and traditional Lamp lighting by Chief Guest Shri B. K Mohanty.
- Welcome speech by SLC, Chandigarh.
- Opening remarks by Chief Guest
- Presentations by Addl. Director PCRA
- Presentation by Mr. Aayush Pant, Head – Projects and Operations, Bio Energy India Pvt Ltd.
- Presentation by Dr. Nivedita Sharma, Professor & head Basis sciences, YS Parmar University
- Prizes Distribution to winners of drawing completion organised on Bio-Fuel.
- ‘Vote of Thanks’ by Shri Sanjay Arora, DGM, GAIL
The event was also attended by FARM GAS Pvt Limited, Head of IRM Energy Private Limited and JBM Group of Environment Management.
The Exhibition continued till evening with Quiz Competition throughout the day for visitors, which included large number of students.
Some photographs of the event are attached herewith.