Regional Festival celebrations
The Embassy celebrated Indian New Year, harvest festival and several regional festivals with the Diaspora community by organising several cultural events. Beijing Tamil Sangam organised Puthandu celebrations, Beijing Malyalee Association organized Vishu celebrations and Beijing Bongs organized Poila Baishakh celebrations.
1. On 7th April World Health Day was celebrated virtually with a video presentation by Guru Mohan Singh of Yogi Yoga explaining the 5 Koshas essential to our health and some useful yogic practices for health and well-being.
2. On 9th April Embassy of India, Beijing celebrated ICCR Foundation Day with ICCR scholars, alumni & their students. Ambassador Vikram Misri met eminent ICCR scholars and appreciated their affection for Indian Culture. Little Guru, the gamified app for learning Sanskrit was launched by Prof Wang Bangwei, Director of India Studies and Institute of Oriental Studies, Peking University. ICCR Cultural Scholarship holders showcased their talent through mesmerizing music and dance performances.
3. Indian New Year and harvest festival were celebrated by different Indian Diaspora communities with yoga, dance, music, traditional games, and traditional food. On 10th April Beijing Tamil Sangam, celebrated Puthandu with great fervor at the Swami Vivekananda Cultural Center Auditorium. On 17th April Beijing Malyalee Association celebrated Vishu with traditional sadhya and on 18th April Beijing Bongs organized Poila Baishakh with cultural programme and traditional Bengali food.
4. as a curtain Raiser to 7th IDY - Yoga for All - an initiative to spread Yoga among diplomatic community kick started on April 10th with the inaugural session being held at the Embassy of the Kingdom of Netherlands followed by Yoga session at Embassy of Israel on 15th April, at Chaoyang Park on 17th April for Cameroon Embassy and at Venezuela Embassy on 24th April.
5. The SCO family joined EOI, Beijing for the screening of Rock Star, 4th movie of the cinemaSCOpe series at the Swami Vivekananda Cultural Centre Auditorium.
6. “Manjhi”- the mountain man was screened on April 30 under the monthly Movie Matinee series.