The Campaign was undertaken at the Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centres (AB-HWCs) across the country.
Under the campaign, the multiple activities as enlisted below were carried out:
- Active Case Finding
- Jan Arogya Samiti orientation on TB
- Gram Sabha/JAS/Village Health, Sanitation & Nutrition Committee/Mahila Arogya Samiti members meeting on TB
- Ni-kshay Diwas Celebration
- Pradhan Mantri TB Mukt Bharat Abhiyan -Distribution of Ni-kshay Poshan Kits
Key focus areas of the campaign:
1. Active Case Finding of Tuberculosis among identified vulnerable population in the AB-HWC area
2. Orientation of Jan Arogya Samiti on TB programme and its implementation Community ownership to improve TB service delivery at AB-HWC through Jan Arogya Samiti
3. Community engagement and awareness generation for TB at AB-HWCs (VHSNC meeting on TB, Ni-kshay Diwas & Ni-kshay Poshan Kit distribution under the Pradhan Mantri TB Mukt Bharat Abhiyan)
This event aims to highlight the efforts taken by AB-HWCs towards TB-free India and celebrate the endeavours of TU/districts/states and communities that have taken part in this 21-day long campaign and urge them to join their hands for TB free India.
A recognition scheme is in place wherein Certificates will be awarded by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India to 3 best performing States/UTs under these categories;
1. Union Territories
2. State from North-East
3. States having < 5 crore population
4. States having > 5 crore population
Best performing Health Wellness Centres/CHOs/HWC team will be felicitated during this event at the district/state level.
The data is being collated however a conservative estimate indicated that more than 5 Crore people were reached through various on-ground activities.